ex-iskon-pleme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matija Babić: Hoće li nakon napadača na Tomića biti uhapšen i Bozanić?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Matija Babić: Hoće li nakon napadača na Tomića biti uhapšen i Bozanić? - Page 2 Empty Re: Matija Babić: Hoće li nakon napadača na Tomića biti uhapšen i Bozanić?

Post by aben 2/4/2016, 18:03

Lew Rockwell slams the criminal State for criminalizing non-crimes.
What precisely is being criminalized? Not bad driving. Not destruction of property. Not the taking of human life or reckless endangerment. The crime is having the wrong substance in your blood. Yet it is possible, in fact, to have this substance in your blood, even while driving, and not commit anything like what has been traditionally called a crime.
What have we done by permitting government to criminalize the content of our blood instead of actions themselves? We have given it power to make the application of the law arbitrary, capricious, and contingent on the judgment of cops and cop technicians. Indeed, without the government’s “Breathalyzer,” there is no way to tell for sure if we are breaking the law.
There is no other crime more damaging to the middle class than that of drunk driving.
The costs incurred for a single DUI are enormous, no matter if you hurt someone by your actions or not.  This 2006 article places the total cost of a DUI around 10,000 to 50,000 dollars.  That is an enormous amount of money for someone making 50,000 dollars a year to cover.  It may take half a decade or more for the average person to recoup the losses incurred.
This article places the number of annual DUIs in the US around 1,396,888.  If we assume an average cost of 15,000 per DUI, that would mean the public is forking over 20,953,320,000 dollars a year to lawyers, insurance companies and the State.
Is the public made more safe?  Obviously the law does next to nothing to deter drunk driving.  Just like drug laws and gun laws, DUI laws are another form of “pre-crime.”  They are laws that attempt to prevent actual crime (hurting someone) from occurring.
Punishing someone that hasn’t hurt anyone or damaged anyone else’s property by their actions is wrong.
The State does far more damage to the public through the outlawing of literally harmless actions than it prevents in potential damages and lives lost.  We must consider that the money taken from a DUI offender may have been used to purchase medication, healthcare, or any other number of life saving or extending goods or services.
When calculating how effective DUI laws actually are, one must consider ONLY THE MARGINAL DECREASE in drunk driving that occurs by having the law in place – this number is relatively small.  Most people who drive drunk think they are OK to drive and will not get caught, thus the law itself does nothing to deter them from driving at the time they make the decision to get behind the wheel.
The public must be treated as adults and be given the adult responsibility to decide on their own if they are capable of driving without hurting themselves or anyone else.  The State should not play the role of the nanny looter.
At a cost of 20 billion dollars a year, society can not afford to enforce yet another victimless law.
Crimes must have victims to be just.
DUI laws combined with the “war on drugs” are pissing 10% of the value of the entire M1 money supply down the gutter every year for the prevention of 400 deaths.
This is like invading two countries every year.
The combined annual cost of the war in Afghanistan AND the war in Iraq is 140 billion a year. We spend around that much enforcing DUI and drug laws.
This is insane.

aben

2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Matija Babić: Hoće li nakon napadača na Tomića biti uhapšen i Bozanić? - Page 2 Empty Re: Matija Babić: Hoće li nakon napadača na Tomića biti uhapšen i Bozanić?

Post by Regoč 2/4/2016, 23:19

Matija Babić je protiv slobode govora. Matija Babić bi kažnjavao za izgovorenu kritiku.

Male
2015-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/4/2016, 23:21

Regoč wrote:Matija Babić je protiv slobode govora. Matija Babić bi kažnjavao za izgovorenu kritiku.

Matiju Babica treba isprskat svetom vodicom. kolonjskom...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2