ex-iskon-pleme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russia ready to switch off Visa & Mastercard ahead of tougher US sanctions

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Russia ready to switch off Visa & Mastercard ahead of tougher US sanctions Empty Russia ready to switch off Visa & Mastercard ahead of tougher US sanctions

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec - 17:38

Moscow faces prospects of harsher sanctions this coming January as the US Congress is set to discuss a new package of anti-Russian penalties. The Russian central bank has warned the country’s lenders over potential risks.
The regulator has recommended that Russian financial institutions take the necessary preventive steps in case their partner-banks are forced to stop providing connection to services by the world’s two most used payment systems – Visa and Mastercard, reports Russian business daily Vedomosti.
The list of Russia’s banking majors that are currently working as an intermediary include Credit Union “Payment Center,” one of Russia's largest private lenders Uralsib, Rosbank that operates as a Russian subsidiary of the international financial group Societe Generale, Russia’s second biggest bank VTB and privately owned Promsvyazbank.
[size=16]ALSO ON RT.COM
Russian banks ready to switch off SWIFT – official
VTB and Promsvyazbank have already been included in the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA), approved by US Congress last summer. The legislation allows Washington to introduce penalties against enterprises and individuals that are seen as hostile towards the US or loyal to regimes that are hostile to the US.
The Central Bank of Russia advises that Russian banks should look for an alternative sponsor that will be able substitute a current provider of Visa and MasterCard services, seal a maintenance service contract and test an opportunity of integrating.
ALSO ON RT.COMCrimea ditches Visa & MasterCard in favor of Russian national payment system
In response to sanctions Russia has developed its own national payment system. The Mir payment system was introduced in 2015 after clients of several Russian banks were temporarily unable to use Visa and Mastercard due to US sanctions. Customers found bank issued credit cards linked to Visa and Mastercard systems no longer worked. The country issued 37 million Mir cards as of June 2018.
Earlier this month, Sberbank CEO German Gref said one or two of the Russian lenders are vulnerable to potential US sanctions. However, Gref stressed that none of the banking majors would be sanctioned.
For more stories on economy & finance visit RT's business section
[/size]
Follow news the mainstream media ignores: Like RT’s Facebook

Back to top Go down

Russia ready to switch off Visa & Mastercard ahead of tougher US sanctions Empty Re: Russia ready to switch off Visa & Mastercard ahead of tougher US sanctions

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec - 17:39

[size=34]Russia to issue 10mn national payment cards[/size]
Published time: 8 Sep, 2017 15:00
Get short URL
Russia ready to switch off Visa & Mastercard ahead of tougher US sanctions 59b2a80bdda4c81c288b4567
© Mikhail Voskresenskiy © Sputnik

Russia's top lender Sberbank says it will issue ten million Mir charge cards as part of the country’s NSPK national payment system.

[size=21]Read more
Russia ready to switch off Visa & Mastercard ahead of tougher US sanctions 57ea3d87c4618852348b457aRussia’s Mir credit card to go European

According to the bank, “public sector workers, pensioners, and other clients, who chose Mir for their personal needs,” are among the cardholders.
Last year, as part of its integration into the Mir system, Sberbank began servicing Mir cards at cash machines, retail and service points. The bank said there are approximately 1.2 million POS terminals that accept Mir cards at 800 retail and service locations, as well as 24,000 online stores throughout Russia.
Mir cards can be used to access all the services offered by the bank’s 77,000 self-service devices and at over 14,000 branches.
“Cardholders can also access Sberbank Online – both web and mobile app versions – and the Mobile Bank, Sberbank’s popular service for sending money via SMS,” said the bank.
The Mir payment system was introduced in 2015 after clients of several Russian banks (SMP Bank, InvestCapitalBank, Russia Bank and Sobinbank) were unable to use Visa and MasterCard due to US sanctions. Customers found the bank issued credit cards linked to the Visa and MasterCard systems no longer worked.
NSPK is ready to conquer the 230 million-card Russian market, and according to Central Bank Governor Elvira Nabiullina, 90 percent of ATMs in Russia are ready to accept the new payment system.

[ltr]
View image on Twitter
Russia ready to switch off Visa & Mastercard ahead of tougher US sanctions Cm1w9f_XEAAtzRR?format=jpg&name=small

[/ltr]
[/size]
Russia ready to switch off Visa & Mastercard ahead of tougher US sanctions F7RZerA1_normal

RT

✔️@RT_com

[ltr]Welcome ‘Mir’: McDonald’s in Russia to accept natl payment charge cards http://on.rt.com/7i6z [/ltr]

12:42 PM - Jul 8, 2016
[size][size][ltr]

25 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

[/ltr][/size]

The head of NSPK Vladimir Komlev said the cards could soon be used across Europe and the international acceptance of Mir shows the system’s maturity. Agreements have been signed with MasterCard, JCB, AMEX and the Union Pay payment systems, he said, adding Mir cards will soon be accepted by online payment platform Alipay, and there are plans to connect to eBay.
NSPK has also agreed to issue co-badged cards with JCB of Japan.

[/size]

Back to top Go down

Russia ready to switch off Visa & Mastercard ahead of tougher US sanctions Empty Re: Russia ready to switch off Visa & Mastercard ahead of tougher US sanctions

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec - 17:43

https://www.rt.com/business/445862-central-bank-russia-visa-mastercard/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RayMabus Sun 9 Dec - 18:04

Pa normalno : U Rusiji ruske kartice

Tako treba
RayMabus
RayMabus

2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec - 18:06

Kako Rusija bude jacala i radila na produkciji i stvaranjjuu viska  vrijednosti,pa povezivanju sa drugim drzavama,polako i financije i nacini tijekova novca budu prelazili granice Rusije..ovo je tek pocetak..

Back to top Go down

Post by veber Sun 9 Dec - 18:42

a svisci motaju čokolade i tako te spike...

Male
2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec - 18:43

..psi laju,a karavane prolaze...Rusija go one..i to nitko ne moze zaustaviti.. :cleanteeth

Back to top Go down

Post by crvenkasti Sun 9 Dec - 18:48

Zar 'Mir' nije svemirska stanica?
crvenkasti
crvenkasti

Male
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec - 18:49

crvenkasti wrote:Zar 'Mir' nije svemirska stanica?

Ma ja..to je ono gori u svemiru,sto Ameri nikad ne bi mogli napraviti,nego se grebu o Sojuz tehnologiju..i gledaj usa zaviscu...
Zato se i kartica zove MIR,da jos vise Ameri popizde.. :cleanteeth

Back to top Go down

Post by veber Sun 9 Dec - 19:03

i onda rusi zamotaju čokoladu...

Male
2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by AssadNaPodmornici Sun 9 Dec - 19:10

Mir na ruskom znači svijet

2018-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by dijagram Sun 9 Dec - 19:13

AssadNaPodmornici wrote:Mir na ruskom znači svijet
bravo yoda to sam ucio tamo negdje ,...1977   :D
dijagram
dijagram

Male
2015-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by melkior Sun 9 Dec - 19:21

Krasno. Samo što je kvaka da sa tim svojim ruskim karticama ne mogu plaćati račune u inozemstvu.
melkior

2015-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec - 19:44

zasada..bitno je st otantijemi od korishtenja karticarstva vise nece odlaziti na Zapad,nego ostajati u Majčici Rusiji.. :cleanteeth

Back to top Go down

Post by veber Sun 9 Dec - 19:51

ta kartica je kao i klirinški dolar. kurac od ovce. ja s visom ili masterom mogu platit u iranu s ovom karticom možeš samo u rusiji, znači bezvrijedna je.

Male
2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec - 19:55

Pa Weberu,Rusija je buducnost Zemlje..gledaj malo unaprijed..Rusija,Kina,Indija jacaju i ustabiljuju se,ostalo polako,a vidis sto se dogadja sa Europom i Jusom.. :cleanteeth

Back to top Go down

Post by veber Sun 9 Dec - 20:00

ma rusija je kurac od ovce, kina ima skroz drugi mentalitet, a indija je siromašna da nemre biti siromašnija. rusija ako se nastavi bahatit desit će joj se opet hladni rat i osiromašenje. na jugu italije završava se najveća rafinerija na svijetu, a u biti je prihvatna stanica za afrički plin. jer kada naprave plinovod preko sicilije pa na sjevernu afričku obalu rusi će moći svoj plin spljivat.

Male
2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by crvenkasti Sun 9 Dec - 20:03

veber wrote:ma rusija je kurac od ovce, kina ima skroz drugi mentalitet, a indija je siromašna da nemre biti siromašnija. rusija ako se nastavi bahatit desit će joj se opet hladni rat i osiromašenje. na jugu italije završava se najveća rafinerija na svijetu, a u biti je prihvatna stanica za afrički plin. jer kada naprave plinovod preko sicilije pa na sjevernu afričku obalu rusi će moći svoj plin spljivat.

Još samo da istjeraju Ruse iz Sirije, i sve je spremno za dopremu katarskog plina do Europe.
crvenkasti
crvenkasti

Male
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec - 20:05

Budemo vidli..No ne vidim da Rusi bas srljaju u hladni rat i osiromasenje..poruka iz proslosti naucena..
Jedini koji se pjene su Ameri i Zapad,ne Rusi...Rusi caruju na svom i polako ali sigurno..
ne vidim u cemu se Rusija bahati??
rade svoje,nikog ne diraju,ali NITKO ne smije pipnuti u njihovo..a to bi rado..ali ne smiju..pametnom dovoljno,balkancu-nikad dokazivo..

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviathan2 Sun 9 Dec - 20:14

crvenkasti wrote:Zar 'Mir' nije svemirska stanica?
moze znacit i svijet :)

Male
2015-10-04

http://www.uzaludnipokusaj.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next