ex-iskon-pleme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Russian Trump fan is celebrating by hacking Google Analytics

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Russian Trump fan is celebrating by hacking Google Analytics Empty A Russian Trump fan is celebrating by hacking Google Analytics

Post by Trinity Sat 3 Dec - 18:52

NOTE FROM THE NEXT WEB:
The spammer we’ve written about below is using the Google Analytics Measurement Protocol to create hits and send those to your Google Analytics property. These hits seem like they’re coming from this page or another page on thenextweb.com, but they’re not.
He’s sending this spam message and is only changing the tracking IDs. Each Google Analytics property has a unique two-number tracking ID, so it’s super easy to automate.
The easiest way to get rid of this is to setup a filter that only includes your own domain — more info on how to do this can be found in this article.

ORIGINAL ARTICLE:
This might sound like it was pulled out from an Anthony C. Ferrante (Sharknado guy) movie, but it’s actually a real thing so hear me out.
I was checking the Google Analytics dashboard for the company I work for, and I was staggered to see a bunch of views from a country I haven’t heard of. The text reads “Secret.ɢoogle.com You are invited! Enter only with this ticket URL. Copy it. Vote for Trump!”

This was amazing. I felt so special for a second knowing that first of all, Google has a secret page, second, I was invited. And on top of that, they are “yuuuuge” Donald Trump fans.
So I did what every normal person would do and I clicked on it and it took me to this.

Now, I know there are lots of things to grasp here but let’s start with the obvious one. What in world is wrong with that link? Here’s the full URL.
http://money get away get a good job with more pay and you are okay money it is a gas grab that cash with both hands and make a stash new car caviar four star daydream think i ll buy me a football team money get back i am alright jack ilovevitaly com/# keep off my stack money it is a hit do not give me that do goody good bullshit i am in the hi fidelity first class travelling set and i think i need a lear jet money it is a secret %C9%A2oogle com/# share it fairly but dont take a slice of my pie money so they say is the root of all evil today but if you ask for a rise it’s no surprise that they are giving none and secret
Vitaly Popov, sir, you have a good taste in music. This is the first time I saw the lyrics of “Money” by Pink Floyd in a URL.
Ok, so this was obviously spam. The hacker is abusing a little-known Analytics feature called Measurement Protocol. The real purpose of this service is to allow developers to send data directly to Google Analytics Servers for testing different environment. However, as you already noticed, the spammers have another use for it.
http://thenextweb.com/contributors/a-russian-trump-fan-is-celebrating-by-hacking-google-analytics
Trinity
Trinity

Female
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

A Russian Trump fan is celebrating by hacking Google Analytics Empty Re: A Russian Trump fan is celebrating by hacking Google Analytics

Post by Trinity Sat 3 Dec - 18:54

Sranje .Veliko.
Trinity
Trinity

Female
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

A Russian Trump fan is celebrating by hacking Google Analytics Empty Re: A Russian Trump fan is celebrating by hacking Google Analytics

Post by catabbath Sat 3 Dec - 18:57

Sranje samo za one koji nemaju život van virtualnog.

Male
2015-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 3 Dec - 19:04

Malo Skyrima poigrati i sve bude oke... Basketball

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinity Sat 3 Dec - 19:04

Sranje za onog tko održava stranice.
Trinity
Trinity

Female
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 3 Dec - 19:05

Triny wrote:Sranje za onog tko održava stranice.
Man se ćorava posla..onda.. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinity Sat 3 Dec - 19:07

To mi je posao,ne mogu. :matrix:
Trinity
Trinity

Female
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 3 Dec - 19:08

Triny wrote:To mi je posao,ne mogu. :matrix:
:comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 3 Dec - 19:08

e-bote,triny a i ti si bas odabrala segment sve problematicniji... Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinity Sat 3 Dec - 19:10

Pitanje je zašto Googlu toliko treba da to riješi.
Trinity
Trinity

Female
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 3 Dec - 19:11

confused ..ja sam u drugom svijetu...

Back to top Go down

Post by Regoč Sat 3 Dec - 19:12

Triny, gospodarica mreže.

Male
2015-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 3 Dec - 19:14

Triny

A Russian Trump fan is celebrating by hacking Google Analytics 697c559957cf18b380f217267ea24d86

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is coming Sat 3 Dec - 21:10

to je hilari kad je bila mladja  cat

Male
2014-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinity Sat 3 Dec - 21:16

Aj, aj samo vi fantazirajte...
Trinity
Trinity

Female
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is coming Sat 3 Dec - 21:19

trini koji ti browser koristis?

Male
2014-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinity Sat 3 Dec - 21:22

Firefox i Chrome, ponekad IE i Operu
Trinity
Trinity

Female
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is coming Sat 3 Dec - 21:22

IE?

Male
2014-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinity Sat 3 Dec - 21:23

Internet Explorer
Trinity
Trinity

Female
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is coming Sat 3 Dec - 21:24

uh internet explorer je najgora opcija,desavalo mi se da poludi tako da ga vise nekoristim

Male
2014-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next